Looking for a twist on roast potatoes? Try these crushed potatoes with mustard dressing. They are crushed before roasting in the oven to make them extra crispy. I am a sucker for a good potato dish and this one won’t disappoint. The mustard dressing adds a whole new dimension to this side dish.
If you can’t get hold of whole grain mustard then use normal mustard. I like the coarse texture of the wholegrain mustard. It’s normal mustard that hasn’t been fully ground so the seeds are still visible. It works really well in this recipe as it gives extra texture to the dressing.
These crushed potatoes also work really well on the BBQ. They can be wrapped in foil or placed on a foil tray and grilled. I am always on the lookout for vegetarian BBQ recipes and this one works a treat.
Making these crushed potatoes is super easy. Steam or boil new potatoes, combine the mustard with some olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Slightly crush the potatoes and cover with the mustard dressing and roast in the oven for 20-30 minutes until golden and crispy.
Did you try this recipe? Leave me a comment and rate this recipe if you like it. Share your pictures on Instagram with #prettyvegetarian.
Crushed potatoes with mustard dressing
Yield 4 people
Oven roasted crushed potatoes with mustard dressing. The perfect vegetarian side dish, crispy mustard potatoes.
- 450g (2 cups) new potatoes, washed and halved
- 3 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Stream the new potatoes for 10-15 minutes until they are cooked. You should be able to put a knife through them.
- Preheat the oven to 220°c or 425°f.
- Mix the wholegrain mustard, olive oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Place the potatoes on a baking tray as a single layer.
- Crush the potato using a fork, this will make them extra crispy.
- Drizzle the mustard dressing all over the potatoes with.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or place on the BBQ (wrapped in foil) until they are golden and crispy.
- Serve immediately warm.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 9 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Unsaturated Fat 7 g
Sodium 121 mg
Total Carbohydrates 23 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Sugars 3 g
Protein 4 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.